Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Liebster Award!


"I'D LIKE TO THANK THE ACADEMY...." :)

I was graciously nominated by Marie over at Once Upon a Classroom: A Teacher's Tales for the Liebster Award! This is so exciting! Thanks so much Marie! Teaching has been one of the greatest gifts in my life and I am just so excited to be able to share with other passionate teachers. 
This award is given to new bloggers who are up and coming in the blogging world! When someone receives this award, they have to answer 11 questions and then nominate between 5-11 other fresh-faced bloggers. 




1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?

 I was inspired by my friend and teammate, Kristin, over at School and the City to start blogging! She has an incredible blog and shared with me some of the amazing connections she has made with her "virtual friends", Instagram, and TPT account. So, I decided to dive head first into the teacher blogging-sharing-laughing social media world! This April has been my first month of blogging!

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

Interactive! I really want to use my blog as a way to share ideas among the teaching community. After creating a teacher Instagram account @mybrightbunch, I can't even tell you how many times I have slapped my head and said "DUH" or "GENIUS"!

3. Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey you wished you knew before?

Well, since my blogging journey is still very new, I guess I would say that I wish I had a HTML expert in my house! HA! I am VERY thankful to be having Megan at A Bird in Hand Designs take over in the designing department! So look out for a new "bloglift" in July!

4. What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?

I love to travel! My hubby and I are trying to get as much traveling in as possible before we decide to start a family. Some of my favorite places traveled are Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and St. Lucia. Our go-to destination is NYC, we love the hustle and bustle! We are excited to be heading to Japan in June!

5. How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog/TPT?

Oh my gosh, don't judge me! Since I am new to this it is all very exciting to me and I am sort of obsessed with it for the time being! I am SURE the excitement will wear off a bit and I will cut back (and my hubby will stop complaining). I would estimate that during the week I am either creating for TPT/browsing Instagram/blogging/blog stalking about 15 hours. Depending on the weekend, it can range between just a couple of hours to 10! Crazy, I know!

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy most?

I love all teaching blogs! I have seen so many wonderful ideas shared and have used them instantly in my own classroom. I REALLY love a funny blog (and teachers are hilarious, or have hilarious stories to share), so if someone can get me to laugh, I am a follower for life!

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from? 

My inspiration comes from my classroom. I like sharing funny stories and useful activities that my kiddos are experiencing.

8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?

This one! :) It's always nice to be recognized by your peers!

9. Is there a post you have been planning to do but have been postponing it for a while now?

I have an entire list! Even after spending an OBSCENE amount of time on my computer these past couple of weeks, I still can't seem to get to them. I am looking forward to blogging about Blendspace and Writing A to Z next.

10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

I have enjoyed the teacher community the most. It's been great to share my ideas, but to also learn from sooooo many teaching experts!

11. Which idea from a blog would you like to try yourself?

I read a blog that explained how to dress up my TPT page! I have bookmarked it and plan on getting back to it very soon!

I have been stalking/admiring (is there REALLY a difference?) these other bloggers, so I nominate them for the Liebster Award!


The Rules to Receiving this Award are:

-Link back to the blog that nominated you
-Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator
-Nominate 5-11 people (blogs with followers less than 200) and link to them in your post
-Contact the nominees and let them know they have been nominated


















No comments:

Post a Comment