Thursday, April 16, 2015

Welcome!

Hey there! 
Welcome to my first blog post ever! EEEEk, exciting, I know! I can't wait to share stories from my second grade class and become a member of the teacher blogging community. I hope you enjoy my blog! One more thing, I have to give a shout out t0 my inspiration for this blog and my Teachers Pay Teachers account, Kristen Payne over at MyCarolinaClassroom.blogspot.com. If you don't follow her, SHAME on you! Stop what you are doing and follow her! Her Instagram and TPT are awesome too. I am beyond grateful to call her my friend and teammate! Thanks KP! 

All About Me
I grew up in western New York and moved to Jacksonville, North Carolina about 11 years ago. By now I have to be considered a southerner, right?! My husband says I have more of a southern accent than he does :). We relocated to Charlotte, North Carolina 8 years ago where I pursued my teaching degree from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I also obtained my Masters degree from UNCC. I am currently in my fourth year of teaching. This is my first year teaching second grade! I can't even tell you how much I LOVE it! I taught kindergarten the past three years, and although I will always love teaching those sweet babies, I am really enjoying the independence of a second grader. My husband and I do not have any little ones of our own yet, well except for our 80 pound Weimaraner, Lexy. I am sure Lexy will be making some blog appearances! Follow me on Instagram at Mybrightbunch. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment